Special Education Teacher – West Orange, NJ – To $64k d/o/e
If your passion is working with children, this position may be for you!
- Teach the children in a classroom environment according to established curriculum
- Instruct students in the areas of self-help skills
- Maintain the physical care and well-being of the students
- Ensure that the instructional procedures conform to established programs proven successful in working with young children and follow early child development principles
- Direct the implementation of a therapeutic educational program as established for each child in the IEP
- Maintain records and files for each child
- Submit weekly lesson plans and schedules based on established program curriculum
communicating with parents as needed
- Protect students from injury, accident, harm or unnecessary discomfort or illness
- Report and record all unusual events involving a student’s safety
- Coordinate and assign duties to classroom staff for receiving and placing students on transportation
- Attend workshops and training as assigned in addition to regularly scheduled school hours
- Periodically work irregular hours, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Special Education and Elementary Education or related field with New Jersey Certification as Teacher of Students with Disabilities is required
- PreK-3 certification a plus!
- Some experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or special needs required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
If qualified, please forward your resume to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com