Social Worker – Union County, NJ – To $40k
- Provide community based education and street outreach to reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS by providing HIV/AIDS education and resource information and materials and engage/recruit potential clients into the program; participate in health fairs and distribute condom packages during outreach as required.
- Cultivate relationships with community members and gatekeepers, to effect community-level behavior change, as part of the program.
- Present programs and services to other community based organizations, such as medical and service providers and HIV care network organizations, to cultivate and maintain linkage agreements for reciprocal services and to generate referrals for agency services.
- Distribute condoms on regular basis to participating local businesses/organizations and track and record site distribution amounts; keep track on condom inventory and ensure sufficient supply to meet program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Services, Social Work, or related field or equivalent field experience or High School degree/GED with at least one year lived experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of outreach experience working as an HIV tester with hard-to-reach populations
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV prevention, treatment and care
- Facilitate group & individual sessions
- Record program related data in EXCEL spreadsheet
- Provide HIV/STI/HEP C testing
- Conduct client referrals & follow-up appointments
- Excellent communication skills; must be proficient in the use of personal computers
- Ability to travel independently in and knowledge of both Union and Essex Counties, New Jersey
- MUST have a valid New Jersey drivers license
- MUST be available to work after 5pm and on week-ends as needed
If interested and qualified, please forward your resume to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com