Traffic Coordinator – Rutherford, NJ – To $44k
This busy client needs your coordination expertise!
- Handle the daily handling of traffic functions for operations and support Customer Service.
- Sending Delivery Orders and Dispatching shipments to carrier for final delivery, further following up to ensure pickup was made and delivery was completed.
- Verify bill of lading number, piece count, container numbers (and total number of containers) shown on delivery order against arrival notice or bill of lading)
- Ensure shipment has arrived and is released/available for pick up from the pier/railyard
- Email delivery order(s) to trucker
- Update system with delivery order sent details
- Claim container for Port Check/Clean Truck (if necessary)
- Ensure cargo has been moved out of the terminal/rail yard (prior to last free day)
- Verify delivery dates are input in our system by truckers when required
- Obtain Proof of Delivery where required based on client specifications
- Enter Proof of Delivery Date into the operations system
- Monitor Delivery Order Not Sent Report daily
- Monitor Missing Delivery Report daily
- Customs examinations, including processing of payment pdates must be given to Customer service to update Customer.
- Advise Customer Service representatives of any delays in delivery of cargo so they can contact client
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, statistical analysis, time management, human relations, and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and motivational skills along with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, performance-based environment with stretch goals.
- Team orientated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Access.
If qualified and interested, please forward your resume as a Word.doc attachment to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com