Customer Service Specialist, Import – Rutherford, NJ – To $22 p/h
Dispatch delivery arrangement upon cargo/container final arrival at Container Freight Station (CFS) or Container Yard (CY) destination and obtain proof of delivery (POD) for all shipments and retain in the shipping file
- Distribute daily update (Excel file) to assigned customers
- Prepare the shipping file for billing upon completion of delivery
- Contact overseas counterparts for additional information and custom broker
- Preparation of documentation to issue checks for payment to the co-load carriers/ocean carriers
- Respond to all email correspondence in a timely manner and incoming telephone calls to assist or direct calls
- Create and distribute customer invoices
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assist with project cargo activities
- Processes orders received by mail, fax, e-mail, EDI from customer or company employee
- Compiles, sorts and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Examines records such bills of lading and related documents and correspondence and informs customer of shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer using e-mail and/or telephone.
- Two years Customer Service experience in Import or similar type industries
- Knowledgeable with computers, specifically Microsoft based applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- At least one-year experience processing orders, transactions and or requests
Strong time management, multi-tasking, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Previous customer service experience Logistics knowledge/experience
If qualified, please forward your resume to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com