Sanitation Manager – Cranford, NJ – To $100k d/o/e
- Supervise a crew of nearly 30, this key member of our team will be responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of the machinery and facility from earlier food manufacturing.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities
- Interview, hire, and train team members
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Guide and assure team compliance with SQF certification
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety and facility cleanliness.
- Ensure the Sanitation department is OSHA compliant and is responsible for safety and welfare of the Team Members.
- Supervise all Team Members for safety adherence, (GMP), SQF requirements and plant rules and regulations.
- Ensure cleaning and sanitizing procedures are completed in compliance with daily/weekly/monthly/ quarterly, semiannual and annual Preventive Maintenance’s (PM’s), in accordance with the facilities Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Responsible for managing the Sanitation Department cost centers and budget.
- Maintain the facilities master sanitation schedule.
- Maintain all required documentation within the sanitation document control program.
- Responsible for any program modifications to the CIP systems.
- Be an active member of the plant leadership team
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in food plant sanitation is a must.
- Must understand GMPs and the use of cleaning chemicals
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be computer literate
- Background in QA a strong plus.
- HACCP Certification a major plus!
If qualified, please forward your resume as a Word.doc attachment to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com