Human Resources Business Partner – Edison, NJ – To $115k
This stable, well-established client requires your HR expertise!
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on a wide range of HR issues including:
- Performance management
- Employee performance improvement plans
- Disciplinary process
- Documentation and resolution of employee complaints, and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Provide process, support and guidance to senior leaders regarding succession planning, career development and talent management.
- Assess employee engagement and culture issues and develops programs and solutions to build organization effectiveness.
- Conduct ER investigations and develops recommendations for actions and resolution.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, and HR policies).
- Acts as a change agent, supporting employee engagement and employee development by partnering with business units and other HR functions to implement and support programs.
- Serves as point of contact for the use of HCM modules.
- Support select OU’s by being included on the interview team for people manager level vacancies and others as requested.
- Conducts testing of HCM modules for each quarterly upgrade and develops test scripts. Works with IT to implement system bugs.
- Works with engagement survey vendors and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) team to administer engagement surveys. Summarizes and analyzes results.
- Partners with the Compensation function to manage re-organizations with assigned client groups; collaborating with management, legal and Staffing.
- Implements and administers the workplace compliance relationship between the company and employees, including harassment and discrimination protection.
- Implements and administers the programs, policies and procedures related to state specific unemployment. Partners with the Benefits function regarding management of leaves of absence that protect an eligible employee’s right to time off in compliance with federal and state legal requirements, such as FMLA, the ADA, and disability.
- Maintains the ER database. Ensures general project files and employee relations files are maintained in an audit-ready manner.
- Supports and manages HR programs, events, and workplace surveys (e.g. Manager’s Forum, Diversity Council, Art Show, Best Place to Work, Engagement survey, etc.), as assigned.
- Prepares documentation for terminations, last paychecks, severance checks, separation agreements and releases, and other materials required for employment termination.
- Counsels and educates all levels of staff and will act as an information resource on employment issues, federal and state law, and company policy and practice.
- Provides back-up to other Human Resources Partners and HR team members as required.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent experience required
- 5 years + progressively responsible generalist experience in the delivery of human resources services and the administration of human resources programs, including but not limited to performance management, employee relations, talent management, regulatory compliance, and professional development required
- Experience must demonstrate a commitment to knowledge of New Jersey, California, New York, Washington DC, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience in developing and delivering training in regulatory and compliance issues, business and management issues and skills, and employee relations issues, are especially sought a plus
- Experience in Oracle Fusion or other cloud based HCM preferred a plus
- PHR or SPHR a plus
If qualified and interested, please forward your resume as a Word.doc attachment to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com