Direct Support Professional – Jersey City / Secaucus – To $16.50 p/h
This client needs your expertise and compassion for these roles!
- Implementing training programs and maintaining a safe environment for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Completes and submits all reports, forms, and documentation as required by the agency and Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Attends staff meetings and training as
- Assists clients with outcomes established on the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Responsible for reading the ISP and working within the documented expectation for client
- Provides training and supervision to clients in all aspects of community experience
- Provides safe transportation in agency vehicle for clients as
- Ensures the safety and well-being of clients at all
- Ensures home, grounds, yard and van are maintained in clean, safe, and sanitary
- Ensures meals are prepared and planned based on clients’ individual diet, client input, and the planned menu for the month.
- Responsible for accurately recording shift occurrences in the Communication Log, as well as reviewing all new occurrences upon arrival to shift and initialing to acknowledge that said occurrences were reviewed.
- Responsible for cleaning the home during any shift
- Responsible for appropriately administering medication and reporting any medication errors or medication concerns on all shifts.
- Must complete an electronic daily log for each shift
- Respects the confidential nature of all information regarding clients and
- All staff are strongly encouraged to participate in any/all fundraising activities to any extent
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Completes Transportation Agreement Training annually
- Must have completed the following College of Direct Support trainings:
- Cultural Competence
- Individual Rights & Choice
- Working with Families
- Universal Precautions
- DDD System Mandatory Training Bundle
- High School Diploma or
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s
- Strong written and oral communication
- Must be computer literate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Prior experience in the field of developmental disabilities
- A negative i3Screen (drug test) result mandated by
- Must be cleared to work by the Department of Human Services FBI
- Must complete medical physical and Mantoux test within sixty (60) days prior to date of
- Must be capable of providing any direct assistance required by individuals with whom they are
- Must be free from any physical, emotional or mental functioning limitation or restrictions that would prevent the successful completion of any and all job responsibilities of this job title.
- Works flexible hours when needed for the benefit of the
- Must have a cell phone
Shifts available at Jersey City location:
- 40 hours / Wednesday – Sunday / 4pm – 12am
- 12 hours / Saturday & Sunday / 10am – 4pm
Shifts available at Secaucus location:
- 38 hours / Monday 3pm – 11pm / Tuesday 3pm – 11pm / Wednesday 3pm – 10pm / Thursday 3pm – 11pm / Saturday 8am – 3pm
- 36 hours / Monday 3pm – 11pm / Friday 3pm – 11pm / Saturday 3pm – 11pm / Sunday 8am – 8pm
- 40 hours / Tuesday – Saturday 3pm – 11pm
If qualified, please forward your resume to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com