(Please note: If this position is not a fit for you, but you would like us to assist you with your next career move, please forward your resume with salary requirement.)
Assistant Director of Residential Services – Jersey City, NJ – To $30 p/h
Our client needs your expertise and empathy for this busy position!
This position will provide program support and staff development-related services in the Residential Services Department
- Responsible for appropriate governing documents in the administration of programs be it contracts, agency policies and procedures, State or Federal standards, specific program operations manuals and circulars both internal and external, and the like.
- Accurately complete and/or review all reports, forms, schedules, and other documentation as required by the agency.
- Develops and maintains accurate program budgets and expenditure.
- Ensures payroll processes are appropriately managed and observed.
- Ensures daily operation matters that pertain to insurance, repairs, maintenance, etc. are appropriately managed.
- Monitors program site operations to ensure appropriate design and implementation of program activities, complete/accurate files and recordkeeping systems, site safety and medication Trains as needed to ensure compliance and quality of services.
- Conducts new client intake interviews and coordinates intake into services as per eligibility and admission criteria as approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Reviews Individual Service Plans for Residential Services clients and reports discrepancies to the Support Coordinator through the Individualized Service Plan (ISP) Worksheet for Residential Providers.
- Serves as a liaison between the agency and the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, as well as other community providers, community organizations, and client family members.
- Ensures proper documentation for all meetings.
- Assists with coordinating the departmental staff training day, creates and delivers program specific trainings or trainings for agency training.
- Interviews prospective employees and make recommendations to the Department Director and the Chief Executive Officer on new hires, terminations, promotions, disciplinary actions, and transfers.
- Conducts employee evaluations as delegated by the Department
- Remains available to program staff in an on-call capacity, 24 hours, 7 days a week to assist with situations that occur after normal business hours.
- Ensures proper billing and reviews documentation is submitted timely to the Medicaid
- Ensures and monitors Fraud, Waste, Abuse understanding in all
- Responsible for the development of staff, the monitoring of progress, and completion of all performance tools.
- Serves as the Department Director in the absence of
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Special Education, Psychology, or related
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities including individual support plan development, program monitoring, and behavioral plan development experience preferred in residential settingsStrong written and oral communication
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft and Excel.
- A minimum of two years additional experience in a residential program.
- Must be cleared to work by the Department of Human Services FBI Fingerprints and Child Abuse Record information; Must pass pre-employment and ongoing drug tests.
- Must be capable of providing direct assistance with the individuals with whom they are
- Must be willing to work flexible
- Other duties as assigned
If qualified, please forward your resume as a Word.doc attachment to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com